View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #3089 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

I used to have these British acquaintances (work and client related) who were here in the US on work Visas. They used to crack me up every year this time. They used to get quite worked up about the 4th of July; What would they do? What party would they attend? What to wear? What to drink? How much time would their bosses give them off? etc., etc.

It was hilarious. One time when they were going through these machinations, I was shaking my head at them and chuckling a bit. One of the guys then asks me what I thought was funny. I looked at him and the rest of the group and told them that it was a little absurd for them to spend so much energy and get so excited about the 4th because I am pretty sure that that is the day we celebrate kicking England's butt or at least the beginnings of such, isn't it?

I received no reply that made any sense.