View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
Coon-azz
Track Member

Drives: '12 370z Sport DD
Coon-azz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleForce View Post
Yes, it's a cutting compound and pads. The pads I used for the B-pillar are very soft and the compound has very little cutting ability. The plastic is very soft so you don't need a heavy cutting compound like Meguiar's M105, that would likely make things much worse.

The whole car was treated to the clay bar, including the glass (not the B-pillars) the tail lights were finished using Menzerna Super Finish and a green Über pad.

This is a very basic run down of what was done,
  • Wheels, tires, wheelwells cleaned
  • Bugs and tar removed
  • Door jambs cleaned
  • Vehicle foamed
  • Vehicle washed via 2 bucket method
  • Various boar hair brushes used to clean all the nooks and crannies
  • Dried and clayed
  • Iron-X and washed
  • Dried
  • Test panel to find the right products to use
  • Entire car compounded with M105 and Über yellow pad or D300 and Microfiber pad
  • IPA (isopropyl alcohol dilution) wipe down
  • Entire vehicle polished with Super Finish and green Über pad
  • IPA wipe down
  • Final wash to rid vehicle of all oils and fillers
  • Hand apply last stage protection

This list doesn't include all the process for detailing the interior, engine bay, wheels, tires, and wheelwells, door seals, etc.
Nice! I usually clay the car about every three months as this is my daily driver. I drive about 120 miles round trip so, I get all kinds of stuff on it. I've found that the claying, polishing and a good waxing, really makes weekly washing a breeze. Your ride looks better than the dealership....