View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #171 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

I havent test driven one yet so I'm not going on long azz quibbles on its potentiality. A lot of cars get magazine hype on first year magazine runs. Honda, toyota, ford &BMW always get a little extra D1ck sucking over the other brands based questionable factors.

Its a nice looking car though. The tail lights can use a little more pizazz, the wheels can use a lil more wow and the interior can use some extra fluidity in its overall look. There's a lot of 90's style break ups in the interior design.

My general undriven impression of the car is... if anyone ever wanted a civic/integra to be RWD. Or wanted slightly more power out of a miata, or wanted something styled more manly than a miata. This FRS/BRZ is it.if you are into autoX or heavy into short complex track racing. This car will be fun.
If I need a mountain carver in PR? This will be perfect. Its hard to get over 50mph on the PR mountains and you really need something like this. A Z has too much power for that type of driving. A car like a BRZ, 2.0 gencoupe, WRX or ralliart is perfect in a place like that.
NYC and some parts of upstate NY. Perfect. Though NY is killer on your suspension. The power numbers are adequate for areas you can get up to 50mph maybe 60. On NY NJ CT n PAmountain roads, many are narrower than in places like WV,VA, NC, SC. So again a lil low hp car would work great.

Regions like the midwest. Where high speed tracks and quarter mile tracks are everywhere. Where we hit 80mph stretches of highway. Where we can get on 500 miles of winding country road and with a radar we are unstoppable... where roads are smooth and open and you can pretty much do 50mph safely on most streets, let alone the highway. This car will not be adequate to most.

If I ever decide to put another car on my property in PR, go back to NY to live with the NEW outta state rich kid cry babies and the future communists of america. I will consider an FRS. If I need a fun second fuel efficient car after I add stage 2 turbos to my Z... I will strongly consider this car.

But plain and simple. From these observations. The FRS fits in a different enviorment. In the enviorment my Z fits in, my car is the underdog and possibly, the SLOWEST car on the block. But my C0ck is big enough to feel secure about that.

Still love my Z. H8ers gonna H8.