View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 08:57 AM   #36 (permalink)
PaulZ370
Track Member

Drives: 011 370 BSM/T/SP/6MT
PaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud of
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z chick View Post
... I heard mixed suggestions on breaking in the car. Some say that you shouldn't drive it over 60 or rev it over 4000 rpm while the odometer reads under 2000. Others say you should drive it hard and fast to break it in..... hmmm.....I'm confused.

But I can't wait to race my baby! I'm anxious to hear your thoughts?
First and foremost, go through the Owner's Manual. It will contain information there that will surprise you. Very informative in a general way, but still very useful. Look in particular at section 5-23, Break In Schedule. That pretty much lays it out as far as the required Break In Schedule. Furthermore, I suggest an Engine Oil & Filter change at no more than 3000 miles consistently regardless of the type of oil and filter you use. It's cheap insurance if nothing else. I've had cars last better than 250K miles (and still going when I sold them) on this type of oil change maintenance schedule. If you race it, then look for an even more aggressive oil maintenance schedule and the best oil you can buy (Redline or Royal Purple).

Good Luck and I know you'll have great fun with it. Be Safe!

PS: HIGHLY Recommend an Engine Oil Cooler Kit as your very first Mod! Stillen 19 Row Cooler should keep things nice and cool... This is a needed Mod - about $400.

BD2ZBN :: 2011 BSM/TRG/SP/6MT/Stillen Oil Cooler/K&N CAI/Michelin PSS/Brake Light/EIBACH Sway Bars/FI Res. HFC+18" Res. CBE/Morimoto XB LED/DRLs/10mm Spacers
PaulZ370 is offline   Reply With Quote