View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 07:25 AM   #165 (permalink)
owi1kenobi
Base Member

Drives: 370z
owi1kenobi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrelic View Post
I was a toyota guy for a long, long time prior to purchasing my 370z.

The 370z and BRZ/FR-S are not even in the same class.
I wouldnt even consider WRX/EVO with BRZ/FR-S to be in the same class.

The BRZ/FR-S's main compeditor is the RX8, Hyundia Genesis coupe, and whatever 4cylinder naturally aspirated cars are out there. I'd even peg it with a VW GTI, cause the GTI's are around 200HP still even with a turbo.

Believe it or not, I was actually going to buy a FR-S. That was until I seen the weight to power ration and the fact that Toyota would only release it under the Scion brand in the USA. Then I thought hey I will get the BRZ. But then I thought, do I really want to dump about $30K into a Subaru BRZ, that some stupid kid about 17 years old is driving with a Scion badge on it? Not to mention, that it is rare to see 370z's as it is, and you will see a whole slew of scion's on the road in the next few months.

If they atleast turbo charged that engine on the Subaru side. I would be all for it and would even be on this forum. But I believe I made a wise decision in getting the 370z, because it has continious years of inspiration and devolopement. The GT800's that were sold have gaps in the years of productions. Toyota and Subaru did spend a great deal of R&D, money and time into every aspect of this car.

Now, if Toyota comes back out with a straight 6 turbo'd supra. You will see the 370z go bye bye.

As far as Im concerned, stock vs stock. BRZ/FR-S is no where near the 370z, or any 6 cylinder sport car.

Wait a couple of months and you'll see BRZ/FR-s on every stoplight here in florida with cute stuffed toy hanging under the diffuser with pink rims and a giant spoiler that's bigger than the 747 , marked my words.

Same thing will happen eventually with the 370z after 8 years when it became cheap and accessible to these boy racers who thinks they have the fastest car in the world.

Last edited by owi1kenobi; 07-03-2012 at 07:53 AM.