View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #70 (permalink)
JohnsZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z Tour CY M6
JohnsZ will become famous soon enoughJohnsZ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
john- oh i see. there was a TSB for the engine cooling system where some loose sealant rattles. does the noise stop when your a/c is off? if so does not apply.

here is the link:
Tsb: 2007-2009 nissan z; tapping noise from dash area when engine is running

IF YOU CONFIRM
A tapping noise coming from the dash area when the engine is running at operating
temperature,
NOTE: This tapping noise, if it should occur, sounds like a screwdriver being tapped on
the work bench. The tapping speed increases and decrease with the engine RPM and
may require engine RPM of about 3000 for the noise to be heard.

DETERMINE IF
The noise is coming from inside the heater core (see Service Procedure).

ACTION
“Back-Flush” the heater core to remove gray silicone debris.
Thanks Ken for the info but I'm sure it's mouse related or some other rodent especially given the fact that they found several acorns in the filter. Plus, there has always seemed to be a faint animal kind of smell in the interior so I want to make sure that a dead mouse is still not in there. I should have told you that it dosen't matter if the AC is on or not. You'll hear junk in the system just by turning on the fan. And it's weird because the noise isn't just one spot...you can hear dirt like debris moving around in different areas in the system which is especially noticeable when I turn up and then turn down the fan speed. Anyway I'll find out Thursday. Lets just hope that Sasquatch doesn't have a brother! Thanks for the AC info though
JohnsZ is offline   Reply With Quote