View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 01:53 PM   #2927 (permalink)
alcheng
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 ZR PW w/Clutch
alcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
mr.alcheng happy- the ones you posted imho would look better on a sedan like a IS350.

regardless i like the fact that it's very concave and spoke actually extends past the rim plane for that extra down side is you need to watch out when you handle these type wheels as they tend to scuff easily when carrying them. i usually masking tape up the spokes on the area that protrudes past the rim before taking them to the tire store to wrap.

also ive heard some alignment shops scuff up such spokes unless they are very careful when they mount their instruments onto the wheel. my weds are the same way. i think they look fantastic on the curvy bodyline of our Z's.
Mr.kenchan, I fixed it for you...

Yes... I thought about that too, the style is simple enough, which is what I like, and it's light, 22lbs.

The spokes do protrude a little, I think I can get away from scratching it with extra cautions...

Won't be right now for the decision cos I am getting the exhaust... but definitely during this Winter when the Z is hibernating...

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
Mr. Alcheng -- you will still be able to rep while you are on your trip, right/
Mr.onzedge, I will be on a cruise ship for that 10 days... they do have internet via satellite... not 24/7 but at least 50% of the time.... therefore... repman will still be on-duty..