View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #2850 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleForce View Post
We love our kitchen. I just rebuilt the cabinet where the microwave is now located. We used to have an Over the range microwave. That was our only mistake in the kitchen. The exhaust fans on those are loud and useless. It bothered 3me so much that I ordered a semi-commercial range hood, very quiet being only 1.5 sones at the low setting and 4 sones at the high setting. Also cranking out 960 CFM at the high setting with an 8" exhaust. Then I had to redo the marble backsplash, and of course figure out how/where to install a new microwave in our custom maple cabinets. The brutal thing was, the cabinets have a custom 12 step finish, and the company who originally made them for us went out of business. With a little patience, I was able to modify a door front with out disturbing the finish, and built a drawer under the microwave. Now I can sleep.

I was thinking if making my own mount after seeing the one you bought. I thought from the link you shared, the guy made a whole new mount. If its just an epoxied 1/4" nut, I'll definitely make my own.
Wow, sounds amazing, mr.gale. our kitchen is just a regular kitchen. Nothing fancy. my wife's a great chef so its kind of a waste not having a great kitchen.

Thanks mr.alcheng. its sunny here still and forecast looks dry for a few days. This is the first time I've seen this happen here. Very glad I was home.

Happy- yah the wind was very strong and hitting the house sideways. Usual storms hitting sideways is np, but today's storm was much stronger. It overwhelmed the sliding door bottom rails. The upper windows were fine. Also checked the vents and they all seem fine. Not sure if I lost any shingles though...

Right now working on dinoc-ing the cup holder trim. I can tell I've not been doing dinoc by how my thumb feels like 1st degree burn from the heat gun.