View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #2160 (permalink)
MacCool
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z PW 2014
MacCool has a spectacular aura aboutMacCool has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_K View Post
Well the law states in every state what the speed limit is but I bet you never go above that cause you might get pulled over.
I don't find your analogy compelling. If the states didn't have laws against speeding, I wouldn't have to worry about getting pulled over for speeding. IOW, better to have a less restrictive law and not have to worry about it than to take a chance and violate it. Besides, I'm unlikely to ever get proned out, then handcuffed in the back of a police car for speeding.

Quote:
Bars that do make a 51% or more profit off the sale of liquor are required by the State to post the 51% sign so CHL carriers know.
That simplifies the guess work, but not the restrictive inconvenience.

Quote:
The State of Texas is looking into removing the "no carry" in to Churches.
Thank god for that!

Quote:
~"No Gun" signs... You are 100% Incorrect. If a business wishes to not allow Conceal Handguns they must display a proper; size, coloring, and bi-lingual 30.06 sign. Signs that say "No guns allowed" or a circle with a gun in the center and line through it are pointless.
Perhaps I wasn't clear. A proper "No Guns" sign, assuming correct wording, size, color, font etc, has the force of law, unlike Minnesota where it's merely a suggestion and ignoring it isn't illegal.

Quote:
And the "No Gun" sign are pointless here as I mentioned above. And NO business can ask you to leave for carrying a conceal handgun in the State of Texas.

That ain't the way I read PC 30.06. Those "No Gun" signs in Texas constitute legal notification for the purpose of trespass (unlike Minnesota). According to the Texas Penal Code (PC 30.06), they can not only ask you to leave, they can have you arrested for trespass. Such trespass is only a class A misdemeanor, but it's worth noting that a class A misdemeanor on your record makes you ineligible for a concealed handgun permit in Texas. If you carry a gun in a "No guns" posted establishment in Texas, you run the risk of subsequently being ineligible to carry one.

Like I said...seems pretty restrictive to me, at least by comparison to what I'm familiar with.

You can find a good review of Texas concealed handgun laws at http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/Interne...rms/CHL-16.pdf

Quote:
Also... I never have to shovel heat out of my driveway. Texas FTW!!!
The snowmobiling and skiing in Texas pretty much suck, I hear. Seems like that would make for an awfully dreary winter.

/

Last edited by MacCool; 07-01-2012 at 01:41 PM.
MacCool is offline   Reply With Quote