View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 06:45 PM   #2682 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian370z View Post
Just started my new job, trying my hand at compensation so I've been crazy busy. Been driving the Z to work, it's a great feeling to finish work knowing such an awesome car awaits for the drive home!
Congrats Today was my wife's last day at a public accounting firm. She is going into the private sector to work for a small international firm that runs a variety of companies doing things like bicycles tours in London and Paris and Segway tours in a few US cities as well as some mobile trailer vending like snow cones and frozen yogurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
I hope that you are posting this from your new job, using your new job equipment and on your new job clock.

Hear me when I say that it is extremely important to get management's expectations set very early.

Anyway, congratulations.
Agreed. Fantastic advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
sounds good, and GL with the apprasial and ILX if your wife decides. it's a nice car for sure.
The appraisal was crap, which I was afraid of since it was in an accident My wife hit a tow truck with it and managed to mess up the tow truck worse than her car (she hit it's fender/tire) and both had to be towed from the scene. I was pretty impressed, frankly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleForce View Post
Nice! So it might be the drunken Grandma Stranger? Way to think outside of the box!
F YEA! I'm going for it dude! She knows what, but she'll never know when or where until its too late Is there another descriptor we can put on it if done in a certain location? Say, a public bathroom or parking lot or maybe while a homeless guy watches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoquad View Post
I was curious about the ILX. I used to like the Integra and RSX. I'm just miffed that the manual transmission is only available with an option set that puts the MSRP up to 30k minimum eff you, honda.
Yup

Base ILX comes with paddle shifters which my wife tried out, and she thinks she'll really like them. Its a 2.0L with 150hp and gets 28/35 mpg. The nice thing is a base Acura comes with a lot of the features you have to upgrade to in a Honda. The interior is technically cloth, but there is actually a lot of leather even on the seats and doors. Bluetooth and USB connections are standard as well. So all in all, I think we weren't necessarily in the right place to do what we did, but the dealership worked with us and got our monthly payments where we wanted them for a 3 year lease with 15K mi/yr allowance. I think she is just glad that we don't have to worry about shelling out $$$ to fix the Honda down the road.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |