View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #1910 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintsize725 View Post
I'm still trying to master it!
Mastering stuff takes time. For example, my Uncle worked on fishing boats and he started off the guy who put the little fish on the hooks. It's a low-end job, but it still follows the guild system; apparently it takes years to get truly good at it and move up.

Anyway, he was an apprentice for many years, slowly learning the trade, getting the little bait fish just right in the hook, taking all of the abuse and ribbing from the more experienced guys. It was a hard-scrabble existence for him, but it was his life's dream so he kept working and working at it until he became a Journeyman.

It was a blessed day in our family the day we all went down to the docks to greet his returning boat, bringing him safely back once more to port -- now a journeyman. We were all so very proud of him and I can still picture his smiling face as the boat pulled into its berth.

I cannot remember how long he was a journeyman -- I was older and on my own and we kind of lost touch for a while. I do, however, remember getting the telegram from him announcing that he had finally reached the peak of his profession. A tear came to my eye and my throat tightened when I read that my uncle had finally made it. He was officially a Master-Baiter.

Anyway, Ms. Pintsize, keep working on it and you too shall master whatever you set out to do.