View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #1714 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
I, or one of my kids, perform virtually all of the maintenance. I follow the maintenance schedule and then some. I had the dealer change my oil last time due to my hand being messed up still -- however, I brought them 6 quarts (I have an oil cooler) of ENEOS and a K&N. They charge me 10 bucks for the labor. I also had them replace my serpentine belt with a Gates belt I provided -- again due to injury and I am at 30,000 miles.

I also take her in for inspections about every 3,500 miles. They are free and it keeps my car in their service records.
Not a bad idea. We've got 100K mile warranty, so it would be nice to have a relationship with someone other than the guy who sold me the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
yah, unless it's warranty work that i can't fix or can't source the part, i never take my cars to the dealer for service.
So, take the car to the dealership and have them do the routine maintenance inspections and tell you what parts you need. Then say no thanks, drive home, and do the work yourself.

On another note, I'm think we're going to be looking at replacing the Accord when the clutch finally craps out. When it comes down to it, we enjoyed a solid 80K+ miles in about 4.5 years with minimal repair hassles (the only major repairs were all 100% covered under Honda Care warranty). I can't complain, and I really don't feel like putting half the value of the car back into it at this point to do clutch, paint, and replace the drooping fabric on the interior. My wife really likes the G sedans, but we've also been considering a SUV like the new Explorer or something. I would like something with some power and room, but if it becomes the wife DD, then I don't really care

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |