View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 07:59 AM   #1684 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbigby64 View Post
Good morning, Happy, and everyone! I'm sitting here at the dealer, receiving service on the Z. I was here yesterday, but they told me that they couldn't quick-service me for an oil filter replacement. Actually, the mechanic that was in line to service my car said that he couldn't touch my car. The service rep and I were like, what? Why not? The mechanic said that management said that he couldn't touch any Z's or GTR's. They cost too much money, etc. I'm still not following. He said, liability and all. Only certain mechanics can work on these cars,. Okay ... Therefore, I had to schedule a regular appointment. I did for today. Unfortunately, it rained this morning and I just detailed the Z 2 days ago. Crap! I should have checked the weather forecast. I could have done this next week!
That is ridiculous, but honestly I would have been a bit thankful. That's because the first time I took the Z in for oil change (it was complimentary even with Mobil 1), I walked behind the service guy pulling the Z into a garage bay when some 18 year old kid waiting in the bay, exclaims "Oh cool! I've never worked on one of these before." They got one more oil change from me cause I got another deal for $30 with Mobil 1 but nothing since.

Does anyone who does their own oil changes take it to the dealer for any of the routine maintenance check ups? I got a call from the dealership manager saying I should be coming up on 15K miles (I laughed since I was almost to 20K at the time) and could bring it in for them to look for things to charge me for

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |