View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #1607 (permalink)
bbigby64
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 370Z 7AT Sport
bbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to behold

While I was detailing the Z last evening, I saw and heard these young kids racing their suped up VW Golf's, a mustang, and some other odd-ball cars. This was on local residential roads. There's one street that runs perpendicular to mine, but rises/falls depending upon your direction. These kids were racing in the direction that rises. I'm thinking, idiots! There 's a blind spot when you're traveling in the rising direction where the road flattens and you can't see an oncoming car over the horizon of the road. Keep in mind that this a two-way single-lane each way road so one of them was driving on the wrong side of the road.

Eventually, the police came around my neighborhood. The kids (teenagers) had stopped by then. I think that someone in my neighborhood called the cops.

Later, I heard another car burning rubber again. I'm pretty confident that it was the Mustang, the older variety -- not the 5.0. However it was still powerful enough.

Traditionally on many Thursday's, a parade of exotic/sports/vintage cars travels on a local road that I can see from the back my house. However they don't race. They just showcase themselves for all of the world to admire. They often meet at the local Log Cabin restaurant. It's a cool sight. I guess that the kids picked this day to do their racing because of it being a "car night".

Last edited by bbigby64; 06-21-2012 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Spelling error?