View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 06:59 AM   #1544 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
morning y'all
Good Morning JAR, good morning all!

Nose to the grindstone again today.

Looks like mrs. gurney will be getting a new car soon. Time to trade-in the MDX; it's too big for our needs now, barely fits in the new garage, and is six years old (a record for the gurney household).

Current contenders are 2013 Acura RDX (my choice ), 2012 Honda CR-V (ms. gurney's choice - she's cheap ), and the darkhorse candidate making a run for the title - 2013 Mazda CX-5.

This weekend is shaping-up to be shop and drive time. The CX-5 is a great value - same price as the CR-V with a lot more features.

I think once the misses sees what she will be giving up equipment-wise going from the MDX to a CR-V/CX-5; i.e. memory seats, power, quality of materials, etc., she may change her mind. However, don't underestimate ms. gurney's stubborn streak just to make a point.

In the end, it's her car, so it's her choice. At our age, and the limited mileage we now put on our cars since the move to Houston, this could theoretically be her last car.

I MIGHT hit 7,500 miles on my Z this first year of ownership, and that's with three major road trips and a cruise a month. Not bad for a daily driver. Ms. gurney's commute is a whopping five mile round trip now.

Anyway, I'll keep you all posted on events as they unfold.

Have a great day all!

P.S. mr. happy - any luck with finding some new wheel studs for the spacers?
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim