View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #117 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris410 View Post
Reminds me of my Supra when my VPC broke so I could not launch the car with the big turbo :-( On a slick, my car basically rolling out in 1st then getting on it ran a 12.0 @ 126mph and that was on my street tune. I never bothered with my high boost setting because when the VPC died, the car would fall on its face between shifts...very frustrating.

Drag racing to me is a "fun" activity but one that I could not take seriously unless I was pushing 9's in a fully built car. Of course...after racing motorcycles there's honestly not much that cars do to really get me worked up. It's hard to top dragging knee/elbow knowing that one small twist leads to a great lap or breakfast in a hosptial.

Back to the topic...it's hard to disagree that there is a bias towards the camaro. I think if I were to come across a ZL-1 I would give him thumbs up, they are a bad *** car...sadly with ALL cars you end up with some people who are jack asses. I will tell you that a lot of Supra owners (especially the ones with big turbos) had such an arrogance that although I had the car myself I could not stand their attitude towards everyone. That's where you separate speed lovers and people who need a fast car to compensate for a lack of self confidence.
There is a bias. In car magazines, the best car is usually the one made by the company who wets the magazine's whistle the most. It's subtle when the comparisons are close, but sometimes it's glaringly obvious who the writer wants to win, even against all logic.

A note on supra driving jackazzes, there was one at Zdayz. Whole resort packed with RWD sports cars pushing out over 300 hp, and the only person doing donuts and burnouts is in a riced out Supra.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote