View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #116 (permalink)
chris410
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10' GT500
chris410 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
It is hard to compare purpose built drag cars to cars that are made to do more.

Trust me, I know more about the struggles of breaking into the 9s than most here.
Reminds me of my Supra when my VPC broke so I could not launch the car with the big turbo :-( On a slick, my car basically rolling out in 1st then getting on it ran a 12.0 @ 126mph and that was on my street tune. I never bothered with my high boost setting because when the VPC died, the car would fall on its face between shifts...very frustrating.

Drag racing to me is a "fun" activity but one that I could not take seriously unless I was pushing 9's in a fully built car. Of course...after racing motorcycles there's honestly not much that cars do to really get me worked up. It's hard to top dragging knee/elbow knowing that one small twist leads to a great lap or breakfast in a hosptial.

Back to the topic...it's hard to disagree that there is a bias towards the camaro. I think if I were to come across a ZL-1 I would give him thumbs up, they are a bad *** car...sadly with ALL cars you end up with some people who are jack asses. I will tell you that a lot of Supra owners (especially the ones with big turbos) had such an arrogance that although I had the car myself I could not stand their attitude towards everyone. That's where you separate speed lovers and people who need a fast car to compensate for a lack of self confidence.
chris410 is offline   Reply With Quote