View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #1457 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
yah, i want to have the hatch as winter beater + local store beater...

hahaha. yah, great advice, thanks. oh yah, the ST... im not a ford guy at all and i have this partially crazy oldman ford-freak neighbor a coupld doors down so i dont want to get it and have him get all wierd on my driveway...

i am also tuning-in to the changes mazda brings to the 3. i think im going to kick myself getting the ugly MS3 after seeing the more normal-looking next gen car. so i dont want to rush buying a hatch yet.

and at the end of the day if someone is willing to give me a super deal on a xB, i might take that.

zoom makes decent budget products and i think it will do fine with the gopro's. zoom uses cheap chrystals where it can't keep a constant time like the tascams, yamaha's, sony's. ive read about people using their recorders and having sync issues for long documentaries, etc. if it's short clips composed of many short takes, the zoom will do just fine.

i use tascam as that's wat ive been using the last 25+ yrs with success.
Good info. I always thought Tascam and Zoom were equal. Apparently not. I'll do more checking on the links you provided before I pull the trigger.