View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #1456 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSTR View Post
Im sure you will be pleased with either choice.

Winter can be nerve racking with people ignoring COMMON sense when it comes to getting around. Once you have your new all around ride no worries at all!!
yah, i want to have the hatch as winter beater + local store beater...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoquad View Post
Ken, I've been looking at hatches, too. Few things to remember.

1. Don't test drive a Golf R. It's too expensive and will ruin you on GTI's

2. Fiord is coming out with the Focus ST this summer. Interesting option to check out imo

3. I heard a rumor that the MS3 is getting changes for the 2013 model. Don't know what yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSTR View Post
Super advice. There are so many great machines out there. I had the Abarth before the GTI. What a great car. GTI super fun. Man you could have full fleet of hot hatches and not be happy with just 1!
hahaha. yah, great advice, thanks. oh yah, the ST... im not a ford guy at all and i have this partially crazy oldman ford-freak neighbor a coupld doors down so i dont want to get it and have him get all wierd on my driveway...

i am also tuning-in to the changes mazda brings to the 3. i think im going to kick myself getting the ugly MS3 after seeing the more normal-looking next gen car. so i dont want to rush buying a hatch yet.

and at the end of the day if someone is willing to give me a super deal on a xB, i might take that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleForce View Post
You're quick! I was going to ask you what you think of the Zoom H1 H1 | ZOOM it looks like it would work nicely on the top of my 7D as well, maybe too low end to do what we are after with the GoPro?
zoom makes decent budget products and i think it will do fine with the gopro's. zoom uses cheap chrystals where it can't keep a constant time like the tascams, yamaha's, sony's. ive read about people using their recorders and having sync issues for long documentaries, etc. if it's short clips composed of many short takes, the zoom will do just fine.

i use tascam as that's wat ive been using the last 25+ yrs with success.