View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #1445 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
i can use the gopro audio if it's coming from the tascam recorder (using the mics and preamp on the tascam). the audio has hiss and minor high pitched noise, but the audio quality is decent enough where i can just EQ the 16kHz down a little bit and use it. it's the cleanest i can get using the gopro's audio tracks.

if i want to use cleaner audio, i would use the mp3 file recorded on the Tascam and use my LogicAudio software (or garageband can do the same) and trim the audio where you want to use for the vid clips. there' no timecode so i have to manually sync it using audio references such as turn signal click or engine rpm, or if you want, snap your fingers or clap to aid in your manual syncing. you can move the audio track left/right with your curser in iMovie to time it just right.

for the audio source i just place the tascam in the cupholder area. i chose this location because it is closest to my listening plane inside the cabin. i can also talk normally while driving and my voice is recorded very audibly as if i had a lapel mic. this is where the cupholder mount comes in handy.

i can pickup plenty of nice exhaust audio and in-cabin audio including music playing off my Z's stereo. the music clarity is to the point it almost sounds like i added it in post-production.

btw, im using an older tascam model called D7. it was like $250 or something a yr or so ago.

Ok, I think I'm getting it. I'll look into the Tascam, or a Zoom and re-read your experimentation posts