View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #107 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
Pretty much. When some kid can go grab his mom's Camry V6 and run a very low 14 or high 13, I realized drag racing's standards were changing. Running a low/mid-13 in a 4G Camaro was pretty solid, and Mustangs then were running high 13's/low 14's for a "muscle car". For EG Civics, "breaking into the 14's" was considered an accomplishment.

And then you realized, it was slow as piss, when some guy can get some piece of **** 4th Gen Auto F-body, throw an intake/exhaust/stall on it and decent drag radials, and hey - welcome to mid-11's! Faster than BOTH of the car's we're discussing for a fraction of the price and half the horsepower.

'Nuff said.
I didn't know Camry's could run that fast. My cousin hasn't even broke into the 13's yet with his 350Z

I'm hoping to finally break into the 12's again with these new tires. Just waiting for a Friday night with decent temps now.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote