View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 11:58 AM   #1437 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
hey there, mr.happy!

so for fresh news...hummmm... i got the cupmout holder replacement coming to me later in the week along with a 3ft 3.5mm cord for my tascam portable digital recorder + gopro. (swivel wasnt horizontal due to detents). i put a little piece of e-tape between the arm and holder area on the bottom to eliminate all noise. i can go over bumps with the tascam not picking up any rattles from the holder.

if anyone has a tascam digital recorder handy, i highly recommend using that as the mic and preamp. just set the mic level using the display (mine is set at 4 on the dial), and turn up the output level until the gopro clips on the loudest passage. in my case my gopro started clipping at 14, so using 12 clicks from zero output level. this is by far the best sound. i can choose to just stand-by in record mode (battery lasts forever) on the tascam or actually record so i have real audio + audio going to the gopro (with 2000mAh eneloops it can run 5-6hrs no issue at 320bps MP3).

oh yah, i also got the windcutter 'stormwatcher' deadcat over the weekend and tried it on my real sony mic for gopro. worked great! was going 60mph with driver side window down, no wind noise saturation.

other then that i think i might swap out my stereo speakers this summer.
So if you record from the Tascam and the GoPro, do you just use the GoPro audio to sync the Tascam audio? Also can you run the Tascam in the cabin and an external mic placed near the exhaust?

I can take video and pictures no problem, the whole audio recording and syncing thing has me