View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 11:53 AM   #102 (permalink)
chris410
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10' GT500
chris410 is on a distinguished road

From the article:

"The clutch pedal is very heavy, has a lot of travel, and is difficult to push all the way to the firewall. And if you tried the ZL1's "no-lift shift" technique in the Ford, you'd rip the body-mounted linkage right out of the transmission tunnel."

So far nearly every article seems to be biased and a sad attempt to justify how good the ZL-1 is. If you have trouble pushing the clutch to the floor you should not be in this car in the first place. Like I've said before, both are great cars...now when will someone come out with an article that simply discusses each one without having to find something to justify the other's worth? This is actually a compliment however, to me it makes the author seem like he's paid by Chevy to write the article. And YES...the GT500 is more of a drag car than a road race car, if it wasn't it would have the independent rear. Again, in the real world...you're going to end up running from a stop or roll. Go to a trackday and yes unless you can really drive well, the ZL-1 will have an edge.

I hope they have Probst do a drive in each since he seems to provide good and honest feedback.
chris410 is offline   Reply With Quote