View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #1172 (permalink)
happytheman
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: MB 6M Tour/Sport Z34
happytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
Christ, I think I'd have grabbed the golden retrievers throat. That is crazy - were both dogs not on their leashes? Were they trying to get them used to each other?

A month or so ago, my friends and I went to Shenandoah for hiking/camping. One guy brought his 1 year old German Shepard (about 70 lbs almost), and the other guys brought their 2 boxers (probably 40-50 lbs each). Talk about a barking/snarling-fest. We tried to get them used to each other, but all of them were so on edge, it just wasnt happening sadly. The German Shepard is so young and hasnt been exposed to other dogs nearly enough, sadly...
If I'm not mistaken, Opie was leashed but the Golden was not. It came running from 'round the corner and, without provocation, attacked Opie.

I bet the Boxers were all about meeting a new friend and playing, weren't they? They're usually very happy (albeit high-strung) dogs!

-----------------------------------------------------------

In keeping with the spirit of the thread: I came out from the library (which was a previously empty lot) and wwwwwaaaaayyyy out in left field where I parked my Z was a big a$$ truck, right snuggled up next to it.
https://facebook.com/CentralFloridaZClub