View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 06:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
slastrina
Base Member

Drives: Nissan 370z 2009
slastrina is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadezz View Post
Its great to see someone take that task to start the unknown and bring a cars soul back to life. I'll be watching you reach your goal!!! You'll know the car better than skilled Nissan Techs in no time. Are you going to replace some things with goodies?
Initially ill be rebuilding the car back to factory standards as i need to pass VIV inspections, once the car is road worthy i can start some interesting mods.

today i found found a wrecker that will be selling me a half cut 370 for me to pull parts from. the half cut came from a water damaged 370 from sydney, it only had 4000km on the clock and due to laws in sydney the car becomes an instant stat writeoff such a shame. ive negotiated a price of $6000, for that im getting 2 airbags, a dash, 2 front guards, front bar, hood, radiator supports, radiator, condensor, oil coolers, hood rams, replacement SRS module, replacement ram modules basically everything i need to bring my z back to its former glory, as an added bonus ive convinced the wrecker to give me the set of 19" rays forge wheels as part of the price, i think its a good price

i bought the car for 14k from pickles auctions, ill spend 6k on parts and an additional 1k on paint work plus the fees involved in VIV and rego, ill essentially be able to build the car and register it for under 25k

i have plans for a full catback exhaust at some point as well as a stillen CAI.

im still studying at the moment and working part time, so things will take time but eventually everything will come together.
slastrina is offline   Reply With Quote