View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 11:33 PM   #986 (permalink)
bbigby64
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 370Z 7AT Sport
bbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to behold

Well, I know that everyone is going to sleep but I have to recap my day before I forget.

The wife, the Z, and I had a nice trip from Rochester (Upstate), NY to Essex Junction, VT today. On the way, I spotted TWO red Z's traveling west on I90 in NY. I couldn't confirm whether they were 350's or 370's; they passed me fairly quickly, and I was traveling east. Nevertheless, I thought that it was cool to have 3 red Z's in such close proximity. Red Z's are rare enough.

I also spotted a much older fellow in a Datsun 280ZX! I honked but he was looking straight ahead after he entered the interstate from the on ramp. We fellow Z enthusiasts have to stick together.

Oh, I forgot to mention that early this morning while I was at the bank, an older fellow walked by me and said, "That's a nice car." Another kudo for the Z

Also, when the wife, the Z, and I reached Albany, I spotted a red Ferrari 458 Italia. I gotta tell ya, that is one sweet car! My red Z and that Ferrari were side by side on several occasions while we were negotiating the bumper to bumper traffic down I87 North. After seeing that Ferrari, I was thinking that I need to make a few mods to my Z to up my game a bit-- nothing too garish -- just some tasteful mods that make the Z look a little more aggressive without taking away from its sexiness. Pint already mentioned the Amuse body kit, but that's a little pricey. However, I'll still keep it in mind.

In addition, the drive on 9N North from Lake George on was really cool .. a lot of windy roads, hills, and valleys, and some straight-aways. Unfortunately, my wife hated it. The windy roads gave her a headache. Oh well.

One more thing, I've been using the paddle shifters more often so that I learn how to use them better. I think that they're pretty cool! My shifting is becoming smoother. I'm starting to know when to switch between paddle shift mode and full automatic mode. It's making my Z driving experience more fun.

Last edited by bbigby64; 06-16-2012 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Clarify statement.