View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #786 (permalink)
bbigby64
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 370Z 7AT Sport
bbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post

your niece is a fighter, good job to her! i cant speak for your son, but i tell my kids almost everyday (they're little still ) that i am going to kick their arses out of the house at age 22. they better do well in school and find a job by then cause dad is not kidding. i luv my kids and they must learn to live on their own by then.

both my brother and i moved out of our parents house after finishing college (university). my bro moved 5500miles away for his first real job. i moved 2200miles for my first real job. hahaha. not that we wanted to move far away from our parents, but it was a clear way to show we can stand on our own feet.
Yeah, after leaving college, I got a job and never returned home. I was fortunate. Jobs were available. However, that's no excuse for not preparing yourself for when things turn. We warned him that we are going to start terminating the services that he has enjoyed for free thus far, unless he can pay for them. So far, he is able to pay for his cell phone because of his inheritance money (unearned money). When that runs out, he'd better find a job or some way to earn his keep. If he doesn't try to improve himself, and he can't pay, we're going to make him 22 sounds like a good age to enforce this ultimatum. He has 2 years.

By the way, if he gets a job or something and starts to do something productive, then I won't mind his living at home ... as long as he's making progress towards independence.

Last edited by bbigby64; 06-14-2012 at 01:55 PM.