View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #734 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
hey there mr.alcheng! sorry to hear about your flight ordeal. i too hate connecting flights but some rural areas, wat can we do? not going to drive 7-8hrs just to get there. lol

thanks for your suggestion again on the 50mm. my camera is a cheapo D3100 which is a DX type with autofocus... it's cropped sensor and all. i think just from this i would go with the 35mm as most reviews are pointing that direction.

yes, the audio is a problem on the gopro. even if one has the best matching mic, it will still have that high pitched internal noise. but if i use background music it shouldnt matter as much.

yah, repaint is the best way to go for sure. clear bra is for those that dd their cars and get hit by rocks often on hwys. it's just a nusance protection really. i have clearbra on the rockers and will be replacing them soon. it's got a lot of nicks from kickup.

morning happy!

hahaha, yah, i can use that too. im really agitated at many things (work, relatives, car stuff) but i try not to think about it as being angry or frustrated for a long time is bad for the mind and health.

mr.gale - hahahaha, maybe! it's good to have several mics though as i can swap them out per application.

for in-cabin yes. if you're wanting to mic up the exhaust, then no. the mic will clip very easily. the fake mic would work well for non-car things i think...like taking vis inside the house or museum or something indoors. no wind cover so need to get one if for outdoors.

the real sony one should work well.... that's what im hoping.

the other sony bullet looking one would work just as well as the audiotechnica mic, it think. the sensitivity is near the audiotechnica...and it comes with the wind cover. the issue with the bullet is i think it was made for dictation/voice so the lower frequencies are cut out. it sounds thin. the audiotechnica has a fuller sound.

as a mic, the Rode was very good, but overkill for gopro internal audio due to high pitched noise... also needs attenuator as -10dB setting is too soft, -0dB is too hot. Rode is a mic id use on my audio recorder. but my tascam recorder already sounds very good for wat it is so didn't feel like keeping the Rode.

bottomline.... dont spend a lot of cash on the mic for gopro. if you want real recording, use a separate audio recorder and use the gopro audio to sync.

Good advice here ^^ thank you.

I'll probably pick up the Audiotechnica because I plan to mount it outside the vehicle near the exhaust. I don't think I need a mic inside the car, nobody wants to here me breathing, farting and swearing at other drivers.