View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #732 (permalink)
bbigby64
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 370Z 7AT Sport
bbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face View Post
There are a LOT of recommendations for the clear bra on here, but the cost just seems, astronomical to me.

I just had my bumper resprayed (while getting some crappy parking damage repaired) and had it done at one of the most reputable shops in the area, and the bumper respray was under $300 and looks better than new. Perfectly polished, it's like hard candy... if candy came in platinum graphite.

I'm all for protecting an investment, but I'm a stickler for detail and I hate that I can always see the edges of a clear bra. I'd just much rather get a respray now and then. Just my $0.02.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
wow, that's crazy pint.

huhhh??!!! wtf kinda dealer is that? it's not a special filter. you can hop on over to a honda dealer and use a honda fit filter even. hahahaha!

hey mr.gale. yep, i did test the fake sony mic and the bullet looking real sony mic. i used my HU in my Z to benchmark where the gopro's internal mic was clipping to gauge where the best s/n would be.

1. gopro clips at 12 on the volume level on my pioneer.
2. fake sony from polarpro or waterver they're called clipped at 10.
3. bullet sony doesnt clip at all even at 12, but the sensitivity is much lower.

so i ordered yet another mic. lol the sony one but the real one because the real one is less sensitive to bass and a lot more flat per the comparisons i saw. this could be the one that might work in my car. i will run another test on friday hopefully.

in the mean time, i ordered a backup 32GB class10 just in case something happens to the one i have right now. been pulling the thing in/out many times so i think sooner or later it's going to break or i will drop it somewhere i wont be able to find.

if the real sony fails too, im going to wire up a small 10k ohm resistor on the fake one. that appears to attenuate about -6dB and should work.

btw, that cupholder mount place sent me an email stating that the unit is indeed a defect and will arrange to get me a replacement.
A Honda filter will do? I'm not sure what's going on, then. This is a Nissan dealership!