View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 01:33 AM   #714 (permalink)
alcheng
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 ZR PW w/Clutch
alcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face View Post
There are a LOT of recommendations for the clear bra on here, but the cost just seems, astronomical to me.

I just had my bumper resprayed (while getting some crappy parking damage repaired) and had it done at one of the most reputable shops in the area, and the bumper respray was under $300 and looks better than new. Perfectly polished, it's like hard candy... if candy came in platinum graphite.

I'm all for protecting an investment, but I'm a stickler for detail and I hate that I can always see the edges of a clear bra. I'd just much rather get a respray now and then. Just my $0.02.

The cost to clear-bra the bumper does cost more than repaint it, that's why many people choose to repaint rather than the clear-bra.

The difference between the clear-bra and repaint:

1) Are you happy to see all the stone-chips and damages on your bumper every time you look at your bumper?? Remember you don't repaint your bumper every week, therefore you see those damages every time you wash your car.... for 2-3 years....

2) Let say you just pick up and drive your car for 10 days, and you found couple stone chips on the bumper... a new car less than 2 weeks old.... will you feel freaking pissed off??

3) You got a stone chip less than a week after the repaint.....

4) You repaint your bumper.... it looks excellent and shiny.... and it looks newer and shinier than the 3 years old hood and side panels.... thus everyone can notice you just repainted the bumper...

5) Most repute clear-bra shops custom made/cut the 'bra', and also, the edge doesn't really shows unless you carefully look at it, especially on black, silver and grey, it's almost invisible....

Those are my own experience and opinions... where my previous black 350z did not have a clear-bra on the bumper, and my current PW 370z does have the clear-bra.

my $0.02

Last edited by alcheng; 06-14-2012 at 01:37 AM.