View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #25 (permalink)
Z chick
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370Z PW M6
Z chick is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by chknhawk View Post
Welcome to the "dream car club!" I got mine a little over a month ago. Beautiful white stallion you have there. I broke mine in by driving normal and opening it up a little. I dont think i put it over 5500 rpms for the first 1200 miles. You can still hit 100mph without going over 5500Oil changer right after that so i could clean out the shavings and yuk from the factory. meachanic friend tell me that you have to open her up a bit in order to get those gear shavings off.... just dont redline her until you get your first oil change!!! I guess now its time to save some more money to.mod her.... damn z owners cant leave good enough alone!!! Lol
Thanks for the input! What do you mean by "shavings"? Do you know of any threads that talk about it? I'm keeping it under 4000 rpm at the moment; just filled my first tank of gas yesterday! It's hard to resist revvingi t up!! What type of gas do you put in? I'm using 91 octane. First oil change is scheduled in September.... sounds like a long time! LOL
Z chick is offline   Reply With Quote