View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #555 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
I get frustrated about this stuff somewhat easily.

What gets me is that when the Mustang was fairly stock it was a really nice DD. But since I essentially added some race suspension components (my lower control arms and Watts Link) it can be annoying. Its absolutely amazing through the corners and when you're on it, but at all other times it can get to you. The watts link uses spherical rod ends so every bit of noise from the rear end is transmitted to the cabin. And I recently had one of the rod-ends wear out so it sounds god awful at all times... over bumps and such the car sounds like its broken. Functions fine, but sounds terrible. I need to replace it and re-align.

I go back and forth between wanting a solid DD and a purely fun twisty road car. The problem is I have two purely fun twisty road cars right now.

I will just fix the part and shut up. When everything is working right the 5.0 is fine to live with.

Kudos to my fiancée for not killing me yet because ALL I've been talking about this week is a GT500/M3/335/550/etc.

Wish I had enough $$ to buy a CTS-V Wagon.
sounds like you need to make your mustang your 'hobby car' and get a comfy dd. i think i know how you feel, not sure, but i too get bummed out when say a simple part like a endlink starts to rattle like marbles in a wooden box shaken by a 2yr old.

you have a patient and caring wife. i'd get her a single rose and bring it home as a small but pleasant surprise.