View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 10:36 AM   #434 (permalink)
bbigby64
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 370Z 7AT Sport
bbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to beholdbbigby64 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoquad View Post
Mostly agree with this, except for point 5. It varies, but it's never a good idea, really, to go more than 10 over the limit. I wouldn't stomp the pedal just because 65 is the limit. Heck, there are 70mph limits out there. I've seen plenty of people pulled over on those stretches.

And I've been quite a few places where the speed limit is 10 or 15. Much like 25-30, you do not want to exceed this. Usually those limits are at places like airports or schools (with high pedestrian traffic) or publicly accessible military bases. You never want to speed in these situations.
I'm just kidding about point 5. In NY, it's common for folks to cruise at 80 on most interstate roads like I90. 75 mph is a minimum in the left lane. Some go higher for short stretches, but that's risky. 78 is usually safe. I've blown by troopers doing 82, and they didn't budge.