View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #242 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintsize725 View Post
Just saying hi.

I missed the enjoyment of the rapetrain. : (
Hello Ms.Pint

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
thanks, mr. gale! conclusion on the rode. im returning it. i tried all the settings but it will not work to my standards without having a preamp with input/output level meter. which means, better just to use my tascam recorder. the rode as a mic is very good though. very rich sound, but the levels it only provides which are, -10db, 0db, +20db...none of them work well inside my Z's cabin nor gopro. the high pitched noise is too loud when -10dB is used. clips like a mofo at 0db.
they need to provide a dial, not a slide level that goes from -10db to +20db. on the Z, i think -4db to -5db could work well.

hey mr.alcheng have a safe trip! yah, as noted above, the rode is a great mic, but not for car unless you have other gear to adjust level.
Hmm, not what I wanted to hear. I can't remember, did you try the Audiotechnica that some recommend? Out of all the external mics you've tried what one performed the best? I'm not sure I want to be taping a Tascam to my rear bumper. lol