View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 11:30 PM   #79 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

This wasn't QUITE today, but whatever. I've been a busy boy, this weekend.

Ripped the front end off and removed my Stillen filters to give them a MUCH needed cleaning (I haven't touched them since I put the intakes on the car almost 3 years ago...). One had a good bit of oil on it from my oil cooler - I guess I'd better check my fittings since the repair shop was the one who reconnected everything since my accident. Anyway, cleaned off the filters and re-oiled them, and they look mostly like new again.

Other than that, I got tired of how much of a pain in the *** it is to get the filters in without absolutely f-ing them up royally, so I relocated my horn to another bolt that is out of the way, and I dremel-ed off the 2 little brackets with bolts that stick out toward the front of the car. They were the problem children that jack my filter. After all this, there's absolutely nothing making contact with my filters anymore, and I'm a happy guy. Although, I should probably consider replacing the one filter that is all gouged to hell.

Car definitely came alive, and my butt dyno is pleased with the results.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-06-08_15-29-21_7.jpg (621.5 KB, 20 views)