View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #38 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Remeber guys, the statements posted are general. What he has written in advice is true. The most valid opposing point is a lot of what we do is modification and not fitment of a product. But a data-log or clear insttruction of the vendors, experience in getting a part in is valid as well. A vendor usually makes a near-one of a kind part and should elaborate his case for using his product through instruction.
Some vendors do an awesome job of explaining how to install their product. Others are saying very little. Certain mods like body kits aren't really instruction necessary. Its more of an experience necessary issue. But some guys can make better instructions for other types of parts. Like oil coolers with thermo plates, etc. Maybe a list of setbacks during installation and how they were overcome (if applicable).
This thread can be debateable, but as the general advice given by OP. Its something "more" vendors should explore within the realm of reason and possiblity.
I wasn't disagreeing with the OP at all. I was saying that I've received good service/instructions from Injen and Z1, and our DIY section has helped me, too.

I agree with the general point of this. Clear instructions and availability to help clarify install instructions are the mark of a good vendor.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote