View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #40 (permalink)
MacLean
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 GM Nismo # 0445
MacLean has a spectacular aura aboutMacLean has a spectacular aura aboutMacLean has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evofusion View Post
We need this! It takes me 8 hours at 85mph (hehe) to get to San Antonio from El Paso! That's how big texas is
Luckily you are not driving from Beaumont, TX to El Paso, TX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShow View Post
Doing 85mph over here, you better hope your not going to jail.
I heard & read that & your vehicle goes to auction too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiCharlie View Post
PS do any of the cities of Texas have underground subways like Boston, Washington or New York?
No we do not have any underground subways. I know in Houston we have tunnels where there is a lot of fast food & restaurants under downtown Houston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
I remember the first time I drove to Texas I noticed the mile-marker on I-10 when I crossed over from Louisiana. I was like
Luckily I was only driving to Houston.
Yeap...... You are looking at about 870 miles from that point to El Paso & would take you a good 13-15 hrs possibly, but depends on speed & a lot of other variables too.

Cmike2780, we also have W which is rated at 168 mph & Y which is rated at 186 mph. Z rated tires are the way to go, but you will pay the most for them as well.

I wish here in Houston we had 80 or 85 mph speed limits. One has to remember to that the faster you go the more you are doing to burn through your gas. If speed limit is 80 (or 85) & you are going at a constant speed, then you should do ok on gas.
l Meisterschaft Full Cat-Back Exhaust l F. I. Resonated High Flow Cats l Stillen Gen 3 l M370 Intake Manifold l UpRev l JWT Clutch & Flywheel l ZSpeed HD CSC l Stillen 19 Row Oil Cooler l ZSpeed Powercoated Under Tray l GTSpec: 6, 4, 2 Point Brace l
MacLean is offline   Reply With Quote