View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #37 (permalink)
Spikuh
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370z
Spikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Even a yearly check on brakes/tires/etc would be a help. I don't know how it is in the other states in general, but at least here in TX the annual state inspection has devolved into being purely about emissions. I remember they used to actually check other things, even little stuff like headlight alignment. These days you just drive up and they plug into OBD-II and check that you're meeting the emissions guidelines, take your money, and slap on a sticker. They could care less about your bald tires, cracked rotors, and non-existant brake pads.
The shops I use actually still check most of that stuff. Except maybe headlight alignment and how much brake pad I have left. They definitely check lights, turn signals, brake lights and tire life for me.

But I do agree, a comprehensive check once a year is a must for keeping the vehicles on the road in working order. After all, we are driving 1 to 2 ton missiles...
Spikuh is offline   Reply With Quote