View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintsize725 View Post
I drive 130 daily at 80 MPH and there is no separate speed limit for big rigs. They raised from 70 to 75 and now 80 in an effort to attract more drivers and rigs to 130 and off of I35.
The signs I am referring are on Interstates, as in I-45 or I-10.
Also, per the requirements of the new speed rules, the roads must meet certain standards to be eligible for the speeds above 75mph. On top of that, most of the new roads which are eligible (the ones being built currently) are all paid roads and 18 wheelers avoid them most of the time if possible.

Honestly, the speed limits need to be raised in most places. Many speed ratings are from times long ago which are not relevant to current traffic conditions, car specifications, or safety standards.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote