View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #8829 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
You may have a hardware issue. Just a guess at this point. I still wonder tho, has anything been installed or updated on it? I bet a dollar that it's going to give you trouble over the weekend (especially if it's been crashing consistently)!
I think you're right in that it is a piece of hardware. My money is on the NIC at this point. There are some random driver things in the event logs but nothing critical and the research I've done on those particular errors don't really point to anything specific. The user is pretty computer savvy and cautious enough to ask about anything he's doing if isn't comfortable. Basically only windows updates have been installed since I did the reformat and reinstalled his necessary office software (MS Office and AutoCAD primarily). I kind of hope its the computer because it should be cheaper than replacing our network gear (although we're probably going to upgrade to a WatchGuard router here in the next few months anyway).

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |