View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #8817 (permalink)
happytheman
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: MB 6M Tour/Sport Z34
happytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
It's definitely working out for me. I certainly wouldn't have the experience I have without dropping out of school to start working full time.

Speaking of experience... would you mind lending a bit of yours if its relevant to this issue? I've got a computer here at the office that is hard crashing every night. It works fine during the day, then overnight it crashes and has to be hard reset. The power settings are set to always on (no sleep, no hibernate, only monitor and HDs shut off). I have plugged it directly into the router with no other devices on the network and same crash overnight. When I unplug the network cable from the computer, however, no problems - the computer is running just fine in the morning. I think I've pretty much narrowed it down to the computer NIC, the wiring, or the router. I guess it could be a driver or other software problem, too, but the event viewer is simply useless (fatal error 10 seems to be pretty generic). Any thoughts?
Yah I was going to ask if you checked your event logs. Hmm, I wonder if the one night's unplug from the network was just a fluke? I'd try that again and if it happens again.

I'm more inclined to believe its something internal to the pc tho (unless something's being pushed to it like an update). Have you check add/remove programs for any new installations/updates?
https://facebook.com/CentralFloridaZClub