View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #8574 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
Wanna see a picture of my 8 track tape player or turntable?
hahaha! i have a nakamichi cassette deck, DAT recorder, MD player, first Discman sold in the US... but no 8track or turntables...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcheng View Post
Mr.kenchan, you can check out that Olympus mic, the feedbacks are good and it doesn't cost too much, I think it will work very good with the hero's limiter/filter being OFF.

I agree the (d) you use give the best result, but isn't it a but clumsy to have to start/stop two different machine at the same time and the editing afterward?? (I'm an optical guy, you know, so all these post editing sounds like space-tech stuffs.to me… like your Z cabin… LOL )

CAD$0.02
thanks for the link. it's not the mic, it is the Hero2's input that is the gating item. that mic in your link is a mono, i think. hero2's uses stereo input so the mics i tried were all 2 mics built into one mic housing.

if the vid is going to be used as a blackbox (my primary use) no need to have the audio recorder onboard. i only plan on doing these vid edits with audio when im taking the car out to somewhere new or some special occasion.

do you know any good small cameras that have steady-cam like feature?
my Flip camera is hard to take steady shots while walking.

im thinking about making that monopod handle for my gopro soon, but also looking at getting a second camera to do rolling shots of my z from my wife's car. gopro would work well, but also want to look at other options.