View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #8573 (permalink)
alcheng
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 ZR PW w/Clutch
alcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
hello, mr.alcheng! yes, im using the digital recorder for in-cabin recording. it's just a limitation of the hero2's audio input. there's just no comparison when you have a dedicated audio recorder. it is a night/day difference.

the setups i tried was:
a. gopro built-in mic - terrible sound, but okay for video.
b. gopro mic input using several mics - low sensitivity, too much noise.
c. gopro mic input using mic + preamp - sound is better, but hero's limter/filter, etc activates... and me being a music guy, it doesn't sound good to me.

d. gopro built-in mic to use as sync reference track + audio recorder =

Mr.kenchan, you can check out that Olympus mic, the feedbacks are good and it doesn't cost too much, I think it will work very good with the hero's limiter/filter being OFF.

I agree the (d) you use give the best result, but isn't it a but clumsy to have to start/stop two different machine at the same time and the editing afterward?? (I'm an optical guy, you know, so all these post editing sounds like space-tech stuffs.to me… like your Z cabin… LOL )

CAD$0.02