View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #83 (permalink)
RiCharlie
Track Member

Drives: 370 Touring Spt A/t
RiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really nice

A while ago a dealer here was convicted of selling Hondas that had been declared totally worthless after being caught in a flood somewhere else in the country. One woman had repeated problems and they actually refused to help her. That triggered a trip to the Attorney Generals office and they investigated and found hundreds of flood damaged cars had been sold. The dealership was closed. And this was large and seemingly reputable dealership.

Many years back, a friend of mine bought a car from a dealer with the odometer reading 25K. He was looking for the car manual and could not find it. he happened to check in the seat and found a receipt for work done by the previous owner and so he called him asking if he knew about the manual. The guy said No but the two started talking and he asked the guy why he sold the car with only 25K on it.,.the guy was surprised and said the car had 65K on it when he gave it to the dealer..
My friend went to the dealer and threatened to go to the dealer commission. The dealer paid him the difference but he should have gone to the commission and they would have fined the dealer and made him pay my friend triple damages.

You really have to watch who you deal with...
RiCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote