View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #157 (permalink)
F.I. Inc.
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 GT-R/2007 F-250
F.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShow View Post
Quick question, can someone explain to me the real difference between the F.I. 100 cell HFC vs the 300 cell HFC's. Also any power or sound difference, and any CEL issues on either?
Great question! Our 100 cell cat is much less restrictive than our 300 cell cat. It is the least restrictive cat that you can use without going to a resonated or straight test pipe. We recommend them in Supercharged applications because they can withstand much more heat and abuse. It will still be crucial to get your air/fuel ratio optimal so you do not destroy them.

The 300 cell cat will most likely blow out in a force inducted application. Now for Turbocharged applications I recommend to get the cat out of the stock location altogether. (For Off Road Use, of course)! This is why we offer it in the lead pipe. By moving it downstream it will take a lot less abuse.

To finish with two points,

1) The 100 cell cat will see a better performance gain because it is less restrictive.

2) You will not get a CEL with any of our parts when installed correctly.

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks, Tony
www.fastintentions.com
"FUELED BY PASSION"
F.I. Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote