View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 11:05 AM   #7615 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Good Morning all!

Just got back from my second trip to Indy in the past two weeks. First weekend was for Qualifying, the second trip was for the Race this past weekend.

I flew up for qualifying but drove to the race with my old college buddies from New Orleans. Drove to N.O. on Wednesday, and then drove from there to Indy on Thursday. Drove back to N.O. yesterday and then just headed back to Houston for a total of 17 hours of drive time, the last five in my Z. Got in a convoy with a Corvette, Camaro, M3, two pick-ups and me that cruised from Beaumont into Houston at about 95 mph. Fun drive.

Interestingly, over the course of 34 hours' worth of driving I counted only five Zs on the road, with one being a Nismo. Our cars must really be rare.

It was a great trip with the best race in years. This was race 34 for me. I've attached a few random pictures from Qualifying weekend.

Took the day off to recover. Just finished cleaning the Z. Coffee and Cars this Saturday.

Have a great week everybody.
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim

Last edited by gurneyeagle; 05-29-2012 at 12:02 PM.