View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #7456 (permalink)
alcheng
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 ZR PW w/Clutch
alcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaZ View Post
I think it only looked boring from where we were sitting.
Considering that most of the guys ran a one stop strategy, doing a 30+ lap first stint on the option tyres is pretty amazing and dicey.
It was tense at the end with drizzle threatening to turn into rain and really shake things up in the last 8 laps. I think every approach to Mirabeau or the Nouvelle Chicane was a pins and needles moment!

I agree, if I am one of the crew in the race, this race prolly be the most intense one, because lots of maths involved in the race, and yes, how did the drivers consume the tires thus extended the 15 laps lifespan to 30+ laps cost them lots of skills too.

I was getting exciting too when the team radio exchanging different weather prediction with the drivers every single lap.

However, as a point of view of spectators, I see the drivers were driving cautiously, without knowing is the rain coming in the next lap or not, the strategy was rather on the conservative side.

Vettel was having a 16 secs lead at one point and everyone was amazed by how he maxed out the tires' lifespan with that kind of pace, he showed skills and guts, but it was all ruined by pit stop and the nature of the circuit layout (impossible to pass).

The most exciting moment of the whole 78 laps, I think it's the start, and the moment that Schumacher attempted to pass Raikkonen when the pair came out of the tunnel...

Look forward to Canadian!!