View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #7081 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
Is there a link to Steve's pic?

Didn't realize it 'til we went back later for pics... it's a long way down. Make it through a couple trees and it's 80-100' down before you hit the water.

Just got too much rotation on entry and had to do everything I could to prevent it from rotating too much. Hold a slide to scrub speed and then wait until I could get some grip to drive out of it. If we swapped ends we were done for. Scary stuff. Big lesson learned... a mistake at 10/10ths on the road doesn't afford you much room to recover!

I feel bad for putting my friend in a position to get hurt. I am very thankful that through a combination of luck and skill we made it through without injury or damage.

Next year I'm just not going to drive that hard when I'm by myself to limit the chances of making another mistake. I'll drive hard behind another car because I know I'm within my limits.

I will also probably return with stickier and wider tires all around.
LIKE us on Facebook!