View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 05:07 PM   #6912 (permalink)
Alchemy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to acquire tickets
Alchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
Alcohol is tricky stuff. Some can, some can't. No one knows why this is true. I get to be one of the ones who can't -- my last drink was July 26, 2000 (not that I am counting or anything). It scares me that I am the way I am naturally and without chemical help (except my good buddy caffeine).
I hear where your coming from Mr. Onzedge. I respect that you have been sober almost 12 years, congrats! Im a bit of a booze hound myself. Although I dont abuse it near as much or as hard as I used to I still have a few beers every night after work usually, a few more on the weekends. My father actually passed from alcohol abuse so its totally in my blood. I hope there comes a day when I can completely dry out, or at least keep it to a social drink once in awhile. I know there are some people that cant even have one or they go off the deep end. I used to be like that and still kinda am in a party situation on occasion. Again, I commend you on being able to kick the habit. It was easy for me to quit smoking after doing it for about 8 years but booze is a dif story. To me its hard to beat a few drinks after a long day.