View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 04:09 PM   #6887 (permalink)
Bucketlist2012
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Touring/Sport
Bucketlist2012 has much to be proud ofBucketlist2012 has much to be proud ofBucketlist2012 has much to be proud ofBucketlist2012 has much to be proud ofBucketlist2012 has much to be proud ofBucketlist2012 has much to be proud ofBucketlist2012 has much to be proud ofBucketlist2012 has much to be proud ofBucketlist2012 has much to be proud ofBucketlist2012 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
All this talk about the pool has convinced me to go and pick-up the chlorine. I might be able to swim this weekend.
I would take a water sample in twice a year to monitor the TDS levels, and the Chlorine Stabilizer( conditioner), and the Calcium Hardness.

Liquid Chlorine has no Stabilizer in it , but it is a dirty chlorine with undisolvable solids , TDS levels

Tablets are dichlorol with a stabilizer in it..

You want to watch for the stabilizer level. too low, and you will burn liquid chlorine like a 370Z burns oil, haha, Too high and the chlorine can "lock" and even though the chlorine level is high, it won't work as well.

Also you must "shock " the pool( raise the level past 3.0) to get rid of the chloramines in the water.. If the pool smell like chlorine, that may be chloramines due to low levels of chlorine for an extended period of time. Not good.

The reason for the two water samples, is one at winter temps, and one at summer temps..You are doing this to check the calcium hardness, and P.H. and things to protect the pipes and the vessel ( the pool body). These levels are different for fiberglas pools vs. Plaster pools.

Yes, I lived the pool boy life back in the 1980's in Marin County California...And yes, I have the stories to prove it...Horny women in Marin just like Beverly Hills.